I used this breadstick dough to make hot dog buns this Spring and we loved them so much I decided to make hamburger buns too. I have to send a shout out to Money Saving Mom for sharing my hot dog buns and helping popularize the post. Thanks Crystal:)
There are several ways you can shape hamburger buns.
1. Roll the dough out into a sheet and cut the dough with a large biscuit cutter.
2. Roll the dough out into a sheet and cut quickly into squares with a pizza wheel. This will yield square shaped buns.
3. Form the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a small round of dough. (The kids might enjoy helping roll the dough.)
Since you have total control over your dough, you can make them as big or small as you like. Slider buns would be cool...now I'm thinking of bacon wrapped sliders, yum!
Follow these steps to enjoy easy homemade buns at home.
Put these ingredients in your bread maker in the order listed.
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
3 TBS brown sugar or sucanat
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1. Once the dough cycle is finished, roll the dough to about a 10" X 10" square on a large lightly buttered baking sheet.
2. Use one of these methods to shape the dough.
3. Let rise for about an hour.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15-18 minutes until golden.
Linking up at Create with Joy, Friendship Friday, Share the Wealth, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Raising Samuels Homeschool, Dream, Create, Inspire, The Mommy Club
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts