These Jello Jigglers are so easy to make and can be made for just about any holiday or theme.
Simply dissolve 4 (smaller size - 4 serving) packages of Jello into 2 1/2 cups of boiling water. Make sure it dissolves completely then pour into a 9 X 13 pan and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares or use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. I used a mini cookie cutter for these.
This is my favorite apple pie. I have made it several times this year and it has been delicious every time. I have made the topping without the oatmeal for my husband and it still had a wonderful flavor, but I think the texture is better with the oatmeal. This recipe is from the Family and Consumer Science Dept. at Marysville High School.
Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Pie
1 cup flour
1/3 cup shortening
½ tsp. salt
3 to 4 T. cold water
1. Place flour, salt, and shortening in mixing bowl and cut in shortening with a pastry blender until crumbly
2. Add cold water 1 T. at a time. You may not need the 4th Tablespoon.
3. Gather dough into a ball. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is slightly larger than your pie pan. Fold the dough in half and then in half again and lift it into your pie pan. Unfold the dough and press it into the pan. Trim and crimp edges of pastry.
6-7 apples peeled, cored, sliced or chopped (If apples are really large, use less)
4 T. flour
¾ Cup sugar
Dash of salt
¾ t. cinnamon
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add to pastry-lined pie pan.
½ Cup uncooked oatmeal
¾ Cup flour
½ Cup butter (1 stick)
½ Cup brown sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Cut together these ingredients with fork, pastry blender, or mixer until even and crumbly.
2. Sprinkle topping over pie
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies