I have made this recipe many times over the last year and this is my favorite way to make hamburgers. They taste amazing and are super easy to make. This recipe is adapted from Pioneer Woman, one of my favorite food bloggers. I love that you can make these ahead, put them in the refrigerator and bake right before dinner. Use store bought slider buns or make these easy rolls. We use one pound of meat for our small family. If you have a large family or teenagers you will want to double this recipe.
2. Cut slices of bacon in half lengthwise. Wrap one half around ball of hamburger, pulling slightly to keep taut. Repeat with other half of bacon, ending seam in the same place. The bacon will criss-cross over the ball of meat.
3. Place patties, bacon seam side down, on a baking pan with a drip tray sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Press gently on each patty to flatten as much as you can without squeezing meat out of the edges.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Brush each patty liberally with barbecue sauce. Bake for 25 -30 minutes, or until bacon is cooked to your specifications.
6. Remove from oven and lay a cheese shaving on each patty if desired. Serve on a roll with your choice of toppings/condiments.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Click to set custom HTML
Most Popular Posts