We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Since my husband and I have been following a low carb diet again, this baked keto crack chicken has quickly become a family favorite. Your entire family will love this. It is kid friendly with all the cheesy goodness and bacon. My boys love it. One of them even used the word exquisite to describe this chicken which is pretty cute coming from an 11 year old.
Why is it called crack chicken?
Crack chicken is a common name for this style of ranch flavored cheesy chicken because it so good, you will want more. When I make this 8 serving recipe for my family of 6, we don't have any leftovers.
Can you double this recipe?
I have doubled this recipe for company and it's pretty easy to double since everything goes in the oven at once. I brown the chicken in the skillet in batches and then assemble everything in the pan. If on the other hand you are only cooking for two, you can easily halve this recipe and still have plenty plus maybe some leftovers for lunch the next day.
What sides would you serve with Low Carb Keto Crack Chicken?
To keep the whole meal low carb, I would serve with a large salad like the BLT salad pictured or some steamed broccoli. A fresh spinach salad or wilted spinach would be nice too. Grilled cabbage is always one of our favorites and since you are already using the oven, you could just roast some cabbage wedges with olive oil, salt, and pepper in another pan while cooking the chicken. If you really want to impress, you could make some crispy bacon wrapped asparagus which is in season now and requires the same oven temperature as the chicken.
Low Carb Baked Keto Crack Chicken
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 ½ -3 lb. total)
6 oz bacon
8 oz. block cream cheese
2 Tbsp. Ranch flavored dressing mix (amazon link)
¾ C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese plus extra for topping
Salt and Pepper
Sliced green onions
Diced Roma tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 8 thinner chicken breast slices.
3. Cut bacon into small pieces (I use kitchen shears) and fry in a skillet until crisp.
4. Set bacon aside.
5. Mix ranch dressing into cream cheese then mix in ¾ cup shredded cheese.
6. Brush some of the bacon grease in a large baking pan to grease it or use oil of choice.
7. In the same skillet brown chicken breast halves in bacon grease for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Salt and pepper each side while cooking.
8. Place chicken breast halves in baking pan.
9. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
10. Top with extra shredded cheese and bacon crumbles.
11. Bake for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
12. Optional to top finished dish with diced Roma tomatoes and sliced green onions.
Pin on Pinterest
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies