We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites
Peach crisp is one of my favorite late summer treats. Deliciously sweet and so easy to make. This peach crisp is sweetened with honey and I use almond flour to make the crisp topping.
Since we harvest our own raw honey, I like to experiment with using it in recipes. You could use brown sugar in this recipe instead of honey, you would just use more since honey tastes sweeter than sugar. Brown sugar makes the topping more crispy than if using honey, but this recipe made with honey is still quite tasty.
You can use fresh or frozen peaches. Line the pan with a layer of sliced peaches then make the topping and spread over the top to bake.
Honey Sweetened Wheat-free Peach Crisp
4-5 medium peaches sliced or about 3-4 cups frozen sliced peaches
1/2 C. oats (I like old-fashioned, but you could use quick-cooking)
1/4 C. almond flour (or all-purpose)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
1/4 C. butter (1/2 stick)
1/3 C. honey (or 1/2 C. brown sugar)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wash and slice the peaches, then line a 9 X 9 square baking pan with the peaches.
3. Stir together oats, almond flour, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. (If using brown sugar instead of honey, add it here.)
4. Using a Pastry blender (affiliate link), cut the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly.
5. Stir the honey into the dry ingredient mixture.
6. Then spread the oats and honey mixture over the peaches.
7. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Delicious served warm with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
Cover leftovers and refrigerate.
Pin on Pinterest
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies