These are my favorite muffins in the whole entire world and the universe. That's how my seven year old would express his appreciation for these delicious banana nut muffins so that's how I will too. Because they really are amazing with buttery goodness and just the right balance of sweetness in each delectable bite.
I signed up to donate a dozen banana nut muffins to the concession sales at my son's swim meet last weekend. So I made a double batch of my favorite one bowl banana bread (which I make all the time) and baked it in muffin pans for less time than my bread recipe. This made two dozen muffins so I had some at home for the kids and a dozen to donate. They were perfectly delicious and pretty easy to make plus they take a lot less time to bake than banana bread.
When I have browning bananas, I stick them in the freezer. Then I have easy to mash ripe bananas whenever I want them. I simply thaw them in the fridge on a plate, then peel them, mash and bake them into delicious banana bread or muffins.
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 C. (about 3) bananas, mashed
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. granulated sugar
1/4 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. honey
1 3/4 C. flour (I use 1/4 C. rice flour and 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 C. chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin liners in a muffin pan.
2. With a wooden spoon mix bananas, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
3. Next stir in the sugars and honey.
4. Lastly, stir in the rest of the ingredients, stirring until combined. Batter will be thick.
5. Scoop batter into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. (Mine are perfect at 23 minutes)
6. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies