Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
This simple balsamic roasted chicken with Brussels sprouts and bacon sheet pan dinner was created because I needed to come up with something easy (every day is busy with four kids on our little homestead) and I had chicken thighs and Brussels sprouts in the freezer. I pretty much always have bacon and onions on hand. This is so easy to put together, pop in the oven and enjoy a delicious (low effort) dinner. (Note: You do need to thaw the chicken in the fridge ahead of time or use fresh chicken.)
This easy sheet pan chicken and Brussels sprouts dinner was so good, there wasn't a bite left. My husband said the Brussels sprouts were exquisite. There was a little left after dinner, but the boys finished every last bite before bedtime. They always raid the kitchen for snacks between dinner and bedtime (growing boys!), but instead of snacks, they wanted more chicken and sprouts!
This is one of my go-to meals now since it was such a family favorite and so easy to make.
A few notes:
You could use chicken breasts if you prefer. I stock chicken thighs in my freezer since they are usually less expensive than breasts at my local stores and I think they are more flavorful. They have a higher fat content than chicken breasts giving them lots of good flavor and making them less likely to dry out when cooked.
If you are using fresh Brussels sprouts, you may want to cut them in half depending on size. I used two 10 oz. bags of frozen Brussels sprouts which were the perfect size for this dish and didn't need any prep work.
Herbs de Provence seasoning may be a new seasoning for you. I recently bought my first bottle. You could roast this chicken and vegetable pan without it, but it adds a wonderful depth of flavors. I will be using it a lot in the future. One of the boys even commented on the flavor and how much he loved it. I bought my Herbs de Provence at my small town Walmart so you can probably find it at your local market.
You might also like: Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Eggs and Balsamic Roasted Beets
Balsamic Roasted Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
10-12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1-1 1/2 lbs. fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed or frozen brussels sprouts
1 small sweet onion, diced
6 slices bacon, chopped
Herbs de Provence seasoning (amazon link)
Fresh ground salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray or brush a large sided baking pan with olive oil.
3. Place chicken in baking pan. Arrange brussels sprouts around chicken.
4. Sprinkle diced onion and chopped bacon over the chicken and brussels sprouts.
5. Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the chicken and sprouts.
6. Shake Herbs de Provence over everything to season then salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and brussels sprouts are fork tender. Cook longer in 5 minute increments if needed. Chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F., but cooking thighs a little longer will tenderize the meat even more. You can cook them up to 185 degrees F., for tender, juicy thighs, so go for somewhere between 165 and 185. Here is a fun read all about cooking chicken thighs.
8. Then turn the oven up to broil and put under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown chicken and crisp bacon. Make sure the oven door is cracked open and keep a close eye while broiling.
Pin on Pinterest
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew