Tater tot casserole is good and comforting on a cold winter night. It's also easy and kids love it. You can use your favorite frozen vegetables. I used some green beans that I put up from the farmer's market last summer. This recipe is great with ground venison too. Delicious comfort food at it's best!
1 lb. ground beef or venison
1 sweet onion, diced
salt and pepper or your favorite meat seasoning
1 lb. frozen green beans or your favorite frozen vegetables
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 lb. bag of tater tots (you will use almost the whole bag)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brown ground beef and onion. Salt and pepper to taste or use your favorite meat seasoning. Set aside.
3. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Layer first the meat mixture, then the vegetables.
4. Mix together both cans of cream soups. (Do not add any liquid to the soup) Spread the soup mixture over the vegetables.
5. Top the casserole with a layer of tater tots.
6. Bake uncovered for one hour.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Bacon, Mushroom, and Spinach Quiche