Your family will love this simple slow cooker chicken and stuffing with sweet potatoes.
I know I have been posting a LOT of slow cooker recipes lately, but that's because I have been using my slow cooker a LOOOOOOT. I am taking a class which meets in the evening and came up with this recipe one day when I wanted to have dinner ready for the family while I was away at class.
So the verdict is...slow cooker chicken and stuffing with sweet potatoes is AMAZING!!!! The chicken stays moist with the homemade gravy, sweet potatoes, and stuffing. This is probably my absolute favorite slow cooker recipe. The flavors come together in a mouthwatering meld of deliciousness all from the simplicity of your slow cooker. And the aroma! Your family will beg for dinnertime once they catch a whiff of this.
Serve with green beans for some color and a balanced home cooked meal.
3 to 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (partially frozen works too)
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 of a 14 oz. bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
1 cup water and 1/4 cup cooking sherry or 1 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Place chicken in a large slow cooker.
2. To make the gravy (sauce), melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp. flour, mix in. Then stir in 1 1/4 cups chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. (pictured below)
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Then sprinkle generously with herb seasoning. (I use a nice herb salt seasoning from my in-laws.)
4. Top with cubed sweet potatoes. Then mix stuffing mix with water, cooking sherry, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Spoon the stuffing over the sweet potatoes.
5. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Will generously serve 6 or more. We always have some leftover for lunch the next day, which makes the best leftover lunch. I break up the chicken breasts when serving since they are usually so big anyway and none of us would finish a whole chicken breast on our own. If you need more for your family, just put more chicken breasts in.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew