1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, heat the cream with the thyme, chopped garlic, and nutmeg.
3. Butter a 9 X 13 or equivalent in size casserole dish.
4. In a large bowl, pour the warm cream over the potatoes. Mix to combine.
5. Place a layer of potatoes in the casserole dish. Generously salt and pepper. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack and 2-3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese over the potatoes. Then sprinkle with about 1/2 cup diced ham.
6. Repeat everything in step 5 to make a second layer.
7. Place a third and last layer of potatoes on top. Pour any remaining cream over the dish. Salt and pepper again. Sprinkle some more grated parmesan on top. (Do not put any shredded monterey jack or ham on top because they will burn.)
8. Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes. Then sprinkle with more parmesan and broil about 5 minutes to let the parmesan on top brown.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Bacon, Mushroom, and Spinach Quiche