Onion baked rice is one of my favorite sides to make. It's so easy. I always have the ingredients on hand. Everyone in the family loves it and it pairs nicely with just about anything; chicken, pork, beef, fish, even Mexican inspired dishes like these easy weeknight chicken fajitas and these kid friendly oven baked tacos.
Any long grain white rice will work. I used Jasmine rice in the baked rice pictured above.
Make this simple, elevated onion baked rice next time you crave a cozy side. Bonus...it's also budget friendly.
1 Tbsp. butter
1 sweet onion, diced
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an ovenproof skillet or dutch oven, saute the onion in butter until softened and lightly caramelized. Add the rice and olive oil and lightly brown the rice.
3. Bring the broth to a boil in a separate pan, then pour over the rice, be careful because this can create hot steam.
4. Bake covered for 30 to 40 minutes, until rice is tender and fluffy.
5. Salt to taste, if needed.
Pin on Pinterest
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies