This is an old favorite from the blog archives that was in need of updated photos. Since I made a double batch today for my Mom's group pool party I took the opportunity to snap some new shots. These cookies are amazing and were a huge hit at the party.
I love the milk chocolate and raisin combination. Reminiscent of chocolate covered raisins - yum! You can bake these crispy or soft. I bake them with crispy edges, but still somewhat tender and chewy in the middle. (In my oven, that is about 13 minutes per cookie sheet.) The hardest thing about these cookies is trying not to eat them all at once.
1 ¼ cups flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. milk
1 ¾ cups (11.5 oz. pkg.) milk chocolate chips
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
½ cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture and milk. Stir in chocolate chips, oats and raisins.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. (I line my cookie sheets with parchment paper.)
5. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are crisp but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen. This recipe is adapted from Nestle.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew