Disclosure: I received products to facilitate this post. All opinions are honest and are my own.
This kefir labneh is so creamy, rich, and flavorful. It's perfect when you want a healthy snack or appetizer. If you are not familiar with Labneh, it's a creamy middle eastern dip. This kefir labneh is not only delicious, it has all the beneficial probiotics of kefir.
Made from strained kefir, salt, olive oil, and za’atar (a middle eastern seasoning), this Labneh is so easy to prepare.
Simply strain kefir in a colander or strainer lined with cheese cloth. This will separate the liquid from the cream which will be the consistency of sour cream.
Then mix in some za’atar seasoning and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
I serve with our favorite, warm naan, cucumber spears, and olives. This is often served with pita bread.
You can purchase Lifeway Kefir products at Walmart Supercenter, Kroger, & Neighborhood Co-op Groceries. For more delicious recipes and tips follow Lifeway on facebook, twitter, pinterest, and instagram.
32 oz. Lifeway plain whole milk kefir
Extra virgin olive oil
Nann or pita bread
1. Stir a dash of salt into the kefir.
2. Place several layers of cheese cloth (I use 4) in a strainer or colander.
3. Place the strainer or colander in another bowl that is deep enough that when the liquid drains off the cream it will not sit in the liquid. Pour the kefir over the cheese cloth in the strainer. Wrap, fold, or tie the cheese cloth edges over the top of the kefir. Place the entire straining system in the fridge. Leave in the fridge for 18-36 hours or more. It will be thicker the longer you leave it.
4. Remove from the straining system. Scrape the labneh cream into a bowl.
5. Mix in some za’atar seasoning. Start with 1/2 tsp and season to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and top with more za’atar.
6. Serve with nann, pita bread, cucumber spears, olives, pita chips and anything else you like.
Refrigerate any leftovers.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies