This is a favorite meal in our house. Perfectly delicious shrimp with just a little kick. In fact my 7 year old requests this all the time. I serve over plain white rice. I use frozen medium raw shrimp. I prefer to use raw shrimp instead of cooked shrimp so that the shrimp don't overcook in the skilltet. This is so good, that I have been making 2 pounds for our family of five. There is usually just a little leftover. I double all of the ingredients and cook in one batch.
Honey Lime Shrimp
1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T honey
juice and zest of one lime
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. In a large ziploc bag, combine the marinade ingredients. When everything is well-combined, add the shrimp. Place it in the fridge.
2. Let the shrimp marinate for 30-60 minutes, flipping the bag around once or twice during that time, so that the shrimp stay evenly submerged in the marinade.
3. When you’re ready to cook, take the shrimp out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; there is no need to add any oil or butter to the pan, as the marinade has enough oil in it to keep the shrimp from sticking to the pan. (If you would prefer to use the grill for these, you can thread them onto skewers and toss them on the grill at this point.)
4. Cook the shrimp until done, then drain off the liquid from the pan reserving it for the meal. Then continue to cook the shrimp letting it caramelize a little forming golden brown crispy edges. Or just cook it all together and serve the sauce with the shrimp.
5. Serve immediately with rice and your favorite vegetable. We drizzle the reserved sauce over the rice and the shrimp.
Slightly adapted from The Dough Will Rise Again.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies