I have always loved soba noodles which are Japanese buckwheat noodles. They contain all the essential amino acids, antioxidants, and essential nutrients including thiamin and riboflavin. Combine with lean meat and fresh vegetables for a hearty and healthy meal.
Ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar with a hint of coconut sugar come together to create a delicious flavor combination in these fresh noodle bowls.
Hearty Asian noodle stir fry
1 pkg. soba noodles or other Asian noodles
2 large carrots shredded*
1 lb. lean ground beef or venison
1 onion, diced
1 Tbsp. (or more to taste) sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground ginger or about an inch fresh ginger, minced fine
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tsp. coconut sugar or brown sugar
1/4 head cabbage, finely sliced
handful of shiitake or other mushrooms, optional
salt and freshly ground pepper
sliced green onions (garnish)
1. Cook the soba noodles according to package directions. Toss noodles with a little oil to keep them from sticking and set aside.
2. In a large pot or wok brown ground meat, onion, and sesame oil.
3. Mix the garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar together then add to the skillet.
4. Next, add the cabbage and mushrooms and cook until the cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Then add the carrots and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add the noodles and toss to warm them.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions.
Add any additional flavors or ingredients you like. For a little kick you can add 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes .
*If you have a food processor, it will make shredding the carrots super easy.
Linking up at Create with Joy
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts