Greek Skillet Supper is one of my favorite quick and easy one-skillet meals. Start to finish you can have this on the table in 30 minutes or less. Perfect for busy weeknights and feeding hungry kids fast. Between the boys' activities, my grad class work, and my husband's work schedule, life has been crazy busy around here, so I have been relying on easy meals like this. I have been using my slow cooker a lot lately too which is especially convenient on nights when we don't get home until dinner time.
Try Greek Skillet Supper and change things up a bit in your dinner rotation. We love this hearty dish with so much delicious flavor.
The combination of oregano, cinnamon, and garlic powder give a wonderful and unique flavor to this dish. I just put the spinach in without thawing and it works well since it is loose in a bag of frozen spinach and not compact in a box of frozen spinach. It thaws quickly and blends right in.
Greek Skillet Supper
1 lb. lean ground beef or lamb
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 3/4 C. beef broth
1 can (14 ½ oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta (I use ancient grain pasta)
1 bag frozen leaf spinach (10-16 oz.)
¾ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
1. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
2. Add oregano, cinnamon and garlic powder, mix well.
3. Stir in broth, tomatoes and ketchup.
4. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 10 minutes or until pasta is nearly tender.
5. Stir in spinach and ½ cup of the feta cheese. Cover. Cook 5 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. 6. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup feta cheese.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies