We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
I did not plan on writing a blog post for this easy mushroom and onion hamburger recipe. It almost seems too easy to warrant a recipe post, but when I created a story pin and typed the ingredients and instructions into the pin, I decided there was enough content to actually write a post. So here ya go...Fancy Sautéed Mushroom and Onion Burgers!
Hamburgers are one of our busy day staples, but sometimes we like to take it up a notch with sautéed mushrooms and onions. They add so much flavor and texture and truly make a mouthwatering burger experience.
Make this burger even more memorable with a toasted bun or if you are eating low carb, skip the bun and enjoy it with a knife and fork.
How do you sauté mushrooms and onions?
I sauté mushrooms and onions in olive oil and butter in a separate skillet while cooking the burgers. I always add some fresh ground salt and pepper for flavor. You could use just olive oil or just butter, but I like the combination of flavors from both fats.
One of our favorite sides and condiments with hamburgers is sliced ripe avocado with fresh squeezed lime juice and fresh ground salt.
Add some healthy fat and lots of flavor by putting sliced avocado right on the burger.
What sides would you serve with hamburgers?
I like to keep things simple when serving hamburgers.
Here are a few of our favorite sides:
Baked beans (you can use your favorite store bought beans)
Onion rings (We love store bought frozen onion rings)
Corn on the cob or when not in season, frozen corn
Sliced tomatoes or when not in season, canned stewed tomatoes
Sweet Potato Chips
Simple side salad
Asian crunch shredded Brussels sprouts salad
Fancy Mushroom and Onion Hamburgers
•1 Tbsp. Butter
•Drizzle olive oil
•1 onion, sliced
•8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
•1 lb. ground beef
•Creole seasoning (affiliate link to the one I use)
•Fresh ground salt and pepper
•Sliced cheese (Swiss, cheddar, colby-jack, etc.)
1. Sauté mushrooms and onions in olive oil and butter over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook while burgers are cooking. When burgers are almost done, turn up heat to medium/high to caramelize the mushrooms and onions.
2. In another skillet cook ground beef in patties. While cooking, salt, pepper and add a little creole seasoning. Make sure to use beef with some fat in it. I like 80/20 or 85/15 for making burgers. Save the lean beef for recipes and casseroles. Season both sides as you are cooking. You don’t need to grease the skillet if your meat has some fat in it. Cook until burgers are cooked through.
3. Slice avocados, drizzle with lime juice, then salt.
4. If you like toast buns in buttered skillet.
5. Assemble burgers to your liking.
Pin on Pinterest
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies