When I taught, there was a staff member who brought the most amazing everything cookies to every potluck we ever had. I looked forward to her cookies which were always individually wrapped so you could take one with you. I always took one unless they ran out.
I decided I wanted to try to make everything cookies and taste the wonderful deliciousness again. I looked at several recipes online and discovered that it is basically an oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie with nuts and coconut. I already have a fabulous chocolate chip oatmeal raisin cookie recipe so I adapted it to make these delicious everything cookies. I toasted the pecans first which really enhances the flavor.
1 ¼ cups flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed (optional for the nutritional benefits)
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. milk
2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
½ cup raisins
½ cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped
½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
1. Toast nuts on a small un-greased pan in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
2. Turn oven temperature up to 375 degrees.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and optional ground flax in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture and milk. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, raisins, nuts and coconut.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. (I line my cookie sheets with parchment paper.)
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are crisp but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts