Delicious oven roasted chicken in less than an hour.
Chicken pieces (I use legs and thighs, breasts may take longer due to size)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) real butter
fresh garlic cloves peeled and sliced in half
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Prepare the chicken by placing garlic under the skin of each piece. Use as much or as little as you like. I use at least a clove or two for each piece of chicken.
3. Melt the butter in the baking pan by placing it in the hot oven for a couple of minutes.
4. Next place the chicken in the pan, skin side up. Brush some melted butter from the pan on the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you like, add some whole peeled garlic cloves to the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Flip the chicken. Baste again with the juices and butter in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Flip the chicken again and baste with the pan juices. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until chicken is done.
Total baking time = 35-40 minutes
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies