1 lb. cube steak (4 pieces)
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. creole (cajun) seasoning
3 Tbsp. pan grease (add butter if you don't have enough grease left in the pan)
3 Tbsp. flour
1 to 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 to 1 1/2 cups milk
1. Mix the egg with 3/4 cup milk.
2. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour with the creole seasoning and seasoned salt.
3. Salt and pepper each side of the cube steaks. Then dredge each steak in the milk mixture, then the flour mixture. Dredge in the milk then flour again.
4. Heat skillet at medium heat and coat with about 1/4 inch oil. When oil is hot, place the steaks in the skillet and cook until browned on each side. (4-5 minutes a side)
Feel free to add more creole seasoning while the steaks are cooking.
5. When the steaks are done, place them on a cooling rack over a pan. This will prevent then from sitting in grease and keep them a little crispier while you make the gravy. If you are concerned about them getting too cool, feel free to place them in a warm oven.
6. Leave about 3 Tbsp. grease in your skillet. If you don't have enough grease, add a couple Tbsp. butter. Stir 3 Tbsp. flour into the fat to make a roux. Cook and stir until golden brown.
7. Add chicken broth to deglaze the pan, then add milk. Use more liquid to make a thinner gravy and less to make a thicker gravy. Add more salt and pepper as needed. Cook at a low heat until desired thickness is reached.
Serve over country fried steak.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew