I received free samples of Cabot Cheese mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Cabot Cheese and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
This broccoli, chicken, and cauliflower "rice" casserole is a family favorite in our house. The boys love it and come back for seconds plus it is lower in carbs since the "rice" is actually cauliflower.
This is such an easy meal to put together too since I use budget friendly canned chicken and frozen broccoli. Simply open a can, drain and mix in the chicken and open a bag of frozen broccoli and mix in. So easy! Cauliflower is actually pretty simple to make too...just boil it, then dice it. If cauliflower is not your thing, you could substitute rice, but the nutrient rich cauliflower is really good. The sauce is a simple stovetop sauce. Throw it all together and you have a delicious broccoli, chicken, and cauliflower "rice" casserole that your family will love.
When making this casserole I use Cabot Vermont Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese. A good sharp cheddar gives such good flavor to the sauce and compliments the other ingredients.
Did you know Cabot is a cooperative owned by 800 farm families throughout New England & New York and 100% of profits go back to the farmers? My husband and I both come from farm traditions. We didn't grow up on farms, but our parents did. My grandpa and uncle were dairy farmers and it is a hard job that never quits. Cows don't go on vacation, they need to be milked, fed, and cared for everyday. I appreciate farming and rural life and the hard work that goes into it and am happy to support farmers.
Broccoli, Chicken, and Cauliflower “Rice” Casserole
1 large head of cauliflower
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
2 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 oz. Cabot Vermont Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
12 oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
12.5 oz. can chicken breast, drained
Fresh ground salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Cut cauliflower into large pieces. Boil cauliflower until fork tender. Drain in a colander and leave cauliflower in the colander to drain off more moisture while preparing the cheese sauce.
2. In a skillet sauté onion in the butter over medium heat until transparent.
3. Meanwhile, shred cheese, set aside.
4. Chop cooked cauliflower, small to “rice” it. Set aside.
3. To the skillet, add cream cheese, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, heavy whipping cream and stir to combine. The cream cheese will melt into the other ingredients. Cook over low to medium heat for a couple of minutes until bubbling.
4. Stir the shredded sharp cheddar cheese into the sauce.
5. Spray a large casserole dish or a 9 X 13 pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
6. Combine the cheese sauce, cauliflower, broccoli, and chicken. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Salt & pepper the top to taste with fresh ground salt & pepper.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Pin on Pinterest
9/24/2020 02:07:02 pm
Ok, Cabot is my favorite US cheesemaker, and I absolutely love Broccoli & Cheese casserole. I haven't ever thought of also adding cauliflower. Pinning this for the holidays. Thanks so much!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
Quick Recipe Links
Slow Cooker Recipes
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies