This is a fabulous recipe with so many flavors coming together to leave you wanting more. It's simple, quick, and delicious. We LOVED it. It was so good, we will have to indulge again soon, very soon.
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb boneless round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
3 broccoli crowns, cut up
1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger or minced ginger from a jar
dash sesame oil, optional
hot cooked rice
1. In a bowl, combine 2 T. cornstarch, 2 T. water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 T. oil until beef reaches desired doneness; set aside.
4. Stir-fry broccoli, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in 1 T. oil for 5-7 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan. Add sesame oil, if using.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, 1 T. cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
8. Serve over rice.
Adapted from Food.com.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew