These banana blueberry muffins are by far my favorite muffins. The boys can't get enough of these. In fact, I should just plan on doubling the recipe every time I make these. I have to limit my oldest because he will easily eat 4 or 5 muffins in one morning.
Look at those beautiful muffin tops.
These banana blueberry muffins are truly wonderful and with honey, bananas, blueberries, and oats in them you can't feel too bad about eating that extra muffin.
Spray your measuring cup with cooking spray before measuring honey and the honey will slide ride out into your bowl.
Banana Blueberry Muffins
1/3 cup butter (5 1/3 Tablespoons) softened
½ cup sugar
¼ cup honey
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1/2 cup buttermilk*
2 cups sifted flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners
3. Cream together butter, sugar, and honey. Beat in egg, buttermilk, & mashed bananas.
4. Sift flour then measure, reserving 2 Tbsp. flour to coat blueberries.
5. Stir baking powder and salt into flour, mixing well. Stir in oats. Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Stir in vanilla.
6. Sprinkle the reserved 2 Tbsp. flour over blueberries, then fold into batter.
7. Scoop batter into a prepared muffin pan. Fill muffins pretty full. The batter is thick and should fill 12 cups nicely without running over.
8. If you like sprinkle turbinado or sanding sugar on the tops of the muffins before baking.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins
*If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, simply pour ½ T. lemon juice or vinegar into your measuring cup then fill with milk to get ½ cup liquid. Let this sit for a minute before pouring it into the mixing bowl. I freeze leftover buttermilk and thaw it in the fridge when I need it for a recipe.
Linking up at Create with Joy
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts