Disclosure: This post is sponsored, but all opinions are honest and are my own. #WEGGSDAY
I can't think of a yummier way to start or wind down a Wednesday then with this delicious bacon, mushroom, and spinach quiche, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Homemade with fresh ingredients including eggs, this quiche will take hump day to a whole new level ... #Weggsday.
Simple and elegant a quiche is delicious midweek or anytime. You can make your favorite crust or simply use a store bought crust like I did here. For more inspiring #weggsday recipe ideas visit The Incredible Egg.
Packed with flavor, this bacon, mushroom, and spinach quiche is sure to please. The firm but creamy, cheesy filling is balanced with a crispy crust. When you add in fresh sautéed vegetables and crispy fried bacon it's a whole new level of deliciousness.
Add a simple spinach and strawberry salad to round out this deliciously healthy summer meal.
Bacon, Mushroom, and Spinach Quiche
Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Rest Time: 10 minutes
6 slices bacon
4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
½ medium onion, diced
2 large handfuls fresh spinach
Fresh ground salt and pepper
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup shredded Monterey jack, or Italian blend cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup half & half
¼ tsp. creole seasoning
¼ tsp. more salt
Unbaked 10" pie crust (store bought or homemade)
(My recipe for never-fail butter pie crust)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cook cut up bacon until crispy in a skillet, then set aside.
3. Sauté mushrooms, onion, and spinach in bacon grease until tender and spinach wilts. Salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
4. Sprinkle bacon, vegetables, and cheese in pie crust.
5. Lightly beat egg.
6. Whisk in cream, half and half, and seasoning. Pour over cheese and vegetables in pie pan.
7. Bake 15 minutes.
8. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F. and bake for 30 more minutes until a knife inserted 1” from the edge comes out clean.
9. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Pin on Pinterest
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies