I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
I think bacon and macaroni and cheese were meant for each other and I can't believe this is the first time I have put them together. These little bacon macaroni and cheese cupcakes are amazing! They are basically little handheld mac and cheese casseroles. So much delicious flavor in such a cute little package.
Delicious and easy to eat! Talk about kid-friendly. I am thinking these will go well at kid's birthday parties. I may even try making bacon mac and cheese bites in my mini muffin pan for my 6 year old's birthday this summer which would be even smaller and easier for little hands.
These savory little mac and cheese cupcakes are perfect for backyard BBQ's, graduation parties, and even bridal showers when you want something simple yet unique.
You know what else? These yummy morsels are made with one of my favorite ingredients which I always keep on hand, Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is made by pressing without heat or chemicals and is the freshest and purest olive oil available.
Did you know the greatest impact on taste is the type of olive tree (cultivar), region (which affects climate and soil) and time of harvest? Olives harvested early in the season, late August (varies by region), are under-ripe and produce oils that are greener, more bitter and pungent. Olives harvested at the end of the season, late November into December, are over-ripe and tend to be mild and buttery. Spanish oil is usually golden yellow with a fruity, nutty flavor. Italian olive oil is often dark green and has an herbal aroma and a grassy flavor. Greek olive oil is strong in flavor and aroma and usually green. French oil is typically pale in color and mild in flavor. So many delicious varieties for all of your culinary needs.
I love using olive oil and cook with it frequently. It has a high smoke point (400° F), so it can handle anything from a light sauté to a deep fry. Have you ever deep fried anything in olive oil? I have not, but will have to try it. If you have, what are your favorite foods to fry in olive oil? You can also bake with olive oil. I love to use it in muffins and cakes.
Store your olive oil someplace dark and cool (around 57° F, if possible), not on a counter or near a stove, and never in the refrigerator. Keep it sealed tight and use your oil within 6 months of opening and within 18 months of purchasing.
Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 strips bacon
8 oz. elbow macaroni
2 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 C. milk
Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
Seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with liners. Brush each liner with some of the EVOO or spray with some olive oil spray.
3. Cook the bacon in a large frying pan or a microwave bacon pan. Drain cooked bacon and cool. When cool, rough chop the bacon and set aside.
4. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain the cooked pasta, then return it to the saucepan. Add the cheese, chopped bacon and 1 Tbsp. of the EVOO. Gently stir together until the cheese begins to melt.
5. Mix the eggs and the milk together. Pour into the macaroni mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Scoop mixture into the cupcake liners and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. When done, take out of the liners, place on a platter, and drizzle with the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Some liners will pull away from the sides of the cupcakes on their own and will look pretty to serve the cupcakes in. (pictured, If You Care cupcake liners which do not stick)
Zucchi is an Italian Olive Oil Company producing traceable and sustainable products that you can trust. Look for Zucchi at Big Y, HEB, King Kullen and Shaw’s.
The Flavor Your Life campaign's goal is to educate North American consumers about authentic extra virgin olive oil from Europe. With funding from the European Union, the Italian government, and a consortium of European Extra Virgin Olive Oil producers, Flavor Your Life is debunking misconceptions while empowering consumers.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew