We really enjoyed this simple recipe for chicken caprese. The flavor blends are wonderful and it's a great use for tomatoes from the garden. We enjoyed our first tomato of the season in this recipe. Truly delicious! Adapted from Parenting Miracles.
• 3-4 large chicken breasts
• 1/2 cup Italian dressing or vinaigrette
• olive oil
• 9 oz. bag fresh spinach leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon basil
2-3 tomatoes, sliced into 1/4″ slices
• 4 oz. mozzarella, shredded (about 1 cup)
• freshly ground pepper
1. Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise so they are thin and flat. Marinate the chicken in the Italian dressing or vinaigrette for a couple of hours or more.
2. Heat enough oil to coat a large skillet. Turn pan to coat. Cook the chicken over med-high heat. Cook chicken breasts on each side until golden and cooked through. While chicken is cooking, salt and pepper each side. Transfer chicken to an oven safe dish.
3. Heat 1T. olive oil in the same skillet and add spinach, basil, and garlic powder. Turn gently until wilted.
4. Layer tomato slices on top of chicken. I used two tomato slices for each chicken breast. Top with a generous mound of wilted spinach and a small handful of shredded mozzarella. Salt and pepper as desired.
5. Place chicken under the broiler to melt the cheese, about a minute.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies