Notice the homemade blueberry syrup? My husband made amazing blueberry and raspberry syrup. Bringing you those recipes is on my long blogging to do list.
I like using coconut oil in these waffles for the health benefits, but you could use canola or vegetable oil instead.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (solid at room temperature)
- 1 Tbs sugar or sucanat
- 1 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. Whisk eggs then add remaining wet ingredients.
4. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Batter will be thick.
6. Cook until done, a few minutes or until steaming stops.
Makes 4 waffles in my round waffle maker. You can easily double this recipe so that you can freeze leftovers. Layer waffles between sheets of wax paper and freeze in a ziploc bag.