Rue La La, the destination that delivers everything for a life of style - at private sale prices. Members discover new offerings daily - each available only for a short time. Use this invitation only link to discover for yourself. Rue La La is offering a $10 credit for new members (it's free) over the next few days. Use the link to sign up and your credit will show up in your account within 48 hours.
Here is a new pampers gifts to grow code worth 10 points.
Thanks Coupon Geek for sharing!
This is a few days late in posting, but I wanted to share anyway. My son needed a Valentine card box for a birthday party with his picture on it. I gave my husband an empty tissue box and asked him if he could come up with something. He created this great rocket ship Valentine Card Box. Great job Honey! We didn't spend a cent - we recycled materials we already had and our son had a cute Valentine card box. In fact, I think it's so cute, I couldn't throw it away. I stored it away for later. If I ever decide to pitch the box, I will keep the picture rocket ship for scrap-booking.
Watermelon Cookies - I entered this recipe in the My Wooden Spoon Food Challenge - see the link below
¾ cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp. almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
red and green gel food coloring
1/3 cup raisins
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. (I used my electric mixer to make dough.) Set aside 1 cup of dough.
2. Tint remaining dough red; shape into a 3 ½ in. log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Tint 1/3 cup of the reserved dough green; wrap in plastic wrap. Wrap remaining plain dough. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll plain dough into an 8 ½ in. X 3 ½ in. Rectangle. Place red dough log on the end of a short side of the rectangle; roll up. Roll green dough into a 10 in. X 3 ½ in. rectangle. (Don’t worry about exact measurements, just roll until it looks like it will cover the dough log.) Place red and white log on the end of a short side on green dough; roll up. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
4. Unwrap and cut into 3/16-in. slices (just less than ¼ in.). Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Cut raisins into small pieces. Lightly press raisin bits and sesame seeds into red dough to resemble watermelon seeds. (I omitted the sesame seeds.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 -11 minutes or until firm. Immediately cut cookies in half. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield 3 doz. (I double the recipe)
This recipe came from a Taste of Home Summer Grilling cookbook - one of my favorites! They have a wonderful delicate almond flavor. I left the sesame seeds out when I made these so they are an optional ingredient.
I am entering this recipe in the My Wooden Spoon Food Challenge for February. http://mywoodenspoon.com/february-food-challenge/
Here is a new pampers gifts to grow code.NC3XPM9YRD49EMT (10 points, expires 2/26)
Hurry - this one expires 2/26/11.
It is worth 10 points.
Thanks Freebies4Mom for sharing!
Udder Covers™ Reusable Nursing Pads will protect your skin from irritation by absorbing all moisture. You will LOVE them!
Leaking milk and moisture is drawn away from skin by 5 layers of absorbent cotton fabric
Machine-washable and reusable
Soft layers conform to breast shape for a natural look under clothing
This giveaway is for a package of 4 nursing pads (2 pair). These are good nursing pads. I have used this brand and liked the quality of the pads and the convenience and economy of being able to machine wash them and reuse them.
Here’s How To Enter:
NOTE: Beneath this posting is the word “Comments.” This is where you’ll put your entries. Only entries on this posting will be counted.
1) To enter the giveaway, leave me a comment letting me know that you want to win these nursing pads.
After you have commented, here are some other ways to enter: (Please, make sure that you submit extra comments if you do these.)
2) For three extra entries, subscribe to my email newsletter or RSS Feed and leave separate comments letting me know that you have done this. Leave a separate comment for each entry (3 comments). If you are already subscribed, thank you and make sure you leave comments letting me know. You will need to activate your subscription by clicking on the link in the email that feedburner sends you.
3) Blog, Tweet or Share on Facebook about this giveaway . Make sure you come back and leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
Entry is open to US residents only through 11:59PM CST on Monday, March 14, 2011. Winner will be chosen using random.org and contacted by email. If you’re the winner, you’ll have only 48 hours to respond or an alternate will be chosen. Good luck to all of you who enter!
This is one of our favorite Go-to meals when we have nothing planned and need to get dinner on the table fast.
Simply make canned tomato soup with milk instead of water and add drained canned butter beans. You can add freshly ground pepper. We like to serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. Another one of our favorite Go-to meals is bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. In fact the other night, we just had big salads topped with crumbled bacon and tomatoes. So quick and easy and so delicious!
Here is a new gifts to grow code for 10 free points - but hurry - this one expires 2/19/11
I was inspired when reading Hoosier Homemade by the love buckets she creates every year for her sons. I thought this would be a fun tradition to start with my little guys. I had some buckets that I bought at a yard sale last summer for 10 cents each and put M & M hearts, Valentine Peeps, and a Valentine card in each one. My boys haven't seen these yet. I can't wait to see their little faces when they see these on the table in the morning.
I found a couple of notable deals at Meijer today.
120 count Gain Fabric Softener Sheets on sale for $3.99 - $3.00 coupon in today's paper = $0.99
Gain Laundry Detergent on sale for $4.99 - $1.00 coupon in today's paper = $3.99
When you buy both, you get a $3.00 coupon off your next shopping trip at the register.
Gorton's Seafood items on sale for $3.49 (regularly $5.99) - $0.50 coupon (there was one in today's paper and I already had one)= $2.99
When you buy two, you get $1.00 off automatically at the register making them only $2.49 each if you have two coupons.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts