1/3 cup whole milk
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter (salted butter will work too)
1/4 cup warm tap water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
fresh ground nutmeg
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted until browned (It smells like warm caramel.)
1. Warm milk and butter in a saucepan until butter melts. Pour this liquid into the bread machine.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed. Run the bread machine on the dough cycle for sweet dough. My machine takes about an hour and a half.
3. When the dough is done, roll it out into a big sheet of dough.
4. Brush the dough with the browned butter.
10. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Bake bread for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is very golden brown. The top may be lightly browned, but the center may still be doughy. Pull apart a couple of pieces and check to see that the bread is done.