I saw this gorgeous recipe at Joy the Baker for Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread. I was excited to try it, but after reading the recipe I thought I could convert this to a bread machine recipe and save myself some time. It worked wonderfully in the bread machine. The dough was easy to work with and the bread was delicious. If you don't have a bread machine, you can see the original recipe at Joy the Baker.
1/3 cup whole milk
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter (salted butter will work too)
1/4 cup warm tap water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
fresh ground nutmeg
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted until browned (It smells like warm caramel.)
1. Warm milk and butter in a saucepan until butter melts. Pour this liquid into the bread machine.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed. Run the bread machine on the dough cycle for sweet dough. My machine takes about an hour and a half.
3. When the dough is done, roll it out into a big sheet of dough.
4. Brush the dough with the browned butter.
5. Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Grate some fresh nutmeg over the dough.
6. Next, cut the dough into long thin strips. A pizza wheel works great for this.
7. Cut the long dough strips into stacks of squares.
8. Place the dough stacks in a greased bread pan.
9. Let rise again until almost double in size before baking or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to bake for breakfast.
10. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Bake bread for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is very golden brown. The top may be lightly browned, but the center may still be doughy. Pull apart a couple of pieces and check to see that the bread is done.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts