This is a fabulous recipe with so many flavors coming together to leave you wanting more. It's simple, quick, and delicious. We LOVED it. It was so good, we will have to indulge again soon, very soon.
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb boneless round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
3 broccoli crowns, cut up
1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger or minced ginger from a jar
dash sesame oil, optional
hot cooked rice
1. In a bowl, combine 2 T. cornstarch, 2 T. water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 T. oil until beef reaches desired doneness; set aside.
4. Stir-fry broccoli, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in 1 T. oil for 5-7 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan. Add sesame oil, if using.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, 1 T. cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
8. Serve over rice.
Adapted from Food.com.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts