These cookies are delicious and perfect for this time of year. I didn't have caramel baking bits, so I substituted chopped caramels. When hot, the cookies tend to stick to the cooling rack so I put parchment paper on my cooling rack as well as my baking sheet. This recipe was adapted from Adventures in the Kitchen.
Oatmeal Caramel Apple Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups old fashioned oats
6 oz Kraft caramel baking bits (I substituted 3/4 cup chopped caramels)
1 1/2 cups honey crisp apples peeled and chopped
1. In a bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
2. Place the butter and sugars in a stand mixer and beat 2-3 minutes.
3. Add vanilla, then eggs and mix for 2-3 minutes more. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula.
4. Pour in the flour mixture, then the oats and combine just until blended. Mix in the apples and caramel baking bits with a wooden spoon.
5. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough onto the baking sheet leaving 1 1/2 inches between dough as the cookies will spread.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts