Marinated London Broil with Lemon and Garlic
I had a large leftover very mediocre roast sirloin and decided to reuse it tonight in a London Broil. It was a thick cut of meat so I cut it in half horizontally and used this delicious marinade. I did not have fresh rosemary on hand, so I used 1 tsp. dried rosemary. I broiled the meat about 5 minutes on each side since it was already cooked meat. I made a 1/2 recipe of Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil (recipe was from the box of Ronzoni Smart Taste thin spaghetti). We really enjoyed this meal. I love the meld of flavors in this London Broil recipe. It is very fresh and brings out wonderful succulant flavors in the meat. I used fresh squeezed lemon juice as the recipe states and I think this is key. The lemon flavor is just right.
1. Place steak in heavy large resealable plastic bag. Puree remaining ingredients in blender or processor. Season marinade with salt and pepper. Pour marinade into bag with steak; seal bag. Let steak marinate at room temperature 2 hours or chill up to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. Preheat broiler or prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Broil or grill steak until cooked to desired doneness, about 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to platter; let stand 15 minutes. Thinly slice steak crosswise.
Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In small saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; add garlic, salt and oregano. Cook 1 minute or until garlic is lightly browned; do not burn.
3. Toss hot pasta with oil mixture; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew