After trick or treating tonight we were cold and came in for some hot cocoa.
There is nothing like a mug of homemade hot chocolate on a cold Winter night. It is really simple to make. I always use the recipe on the Hershey's Cocoa box. Serve with whipped cream if you like.
Favorite Hot Cocoa
Top of Stove - Six Servings
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in saucepan; stir in water.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir 2 minutes.
3. Stir in milk and heat. DO NOT BOIL.
4. Remove from heat; add vanilla.
Granulated sugar or confectioners sugar
1. Using an electric mixer, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until it reaches desired consistency.
I use 1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla and 2 to 3 Tbsp. sugar for each cup of whipping cream. You can use more or less sugar and vanilla depending on your preference. Honestly, I don't usuasally measure when whipping cream.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
Most Popular Posts