We have finally come out of a heat wave and are starting to feel more comfortable again, but earlier this week our temperatures were in the mid to high 90's everyday. I had intended to make baked chicken on Monday night for dinner, but then changed my plans when the heat in our non air conditioned kitchen became unbearable. I instead marinated the chicken breast and ran to the store for lettuce and strawberries. We loved the salad and it was the perfect meal for hot weather. It really was fantastic and so easy. This will be one of my favorite go-to meals.
3 chicken breasts
Your favorite vinaigrette or marinade (I used raspberry walnut vinaigrette and some pomegranate wine)
1 head of your favorite lettuce (mine is Boston Bibb)
1 lb. strawberries, quartered
Fresh Mozzarella or your favorite cheese, cubed
1. Marinate the chicken for a couple of hours in some vinaigrette and/or white wine or other marinade in the fridge.
2. Grill the chicken, then slice or cube for the salad.
3. Prepare lettuce and place torn pieces in the bottom layer of a large bowl.
4. Top with grilled chicken, strawberries, and fresh mozzarella.
5. Serve with your favorite salad dressing. A raspberry vinaigrette is a nice choice.
Linking up at Create with Joy
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts