I gave myself two weeks for the goals in my last goals post since we had family visiting and did a little traveling ourselves. I am giving myself two weeks again since I will be baking for a church bake sale, planning and hosting a birthday party, and traveling again. Such fun, but a lot of work too.
Previous Goals and Accomplishments:
1. F̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶p̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶i̶t̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ Accomplished, but only because I had to pack again so now I need to unpack again.
2. Mend at least one thing from my mending piles. Starting small because I have had mending piles forever and rarely take the time to mend anything. (Not accomplished so on my new list. I have set aside something to mend though.)
3. B̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶l̶e̶.̶ Accomplished. I baked chocolate chip cookies and made extra dough so that later in the week when we had family in town we had fresh baked cookies.
4. S̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶r̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶d̶r̶y̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶ Accomplished. I cleaned for hours and hours since we had family coming into town. I actually did some deep cleaning which I don't always have time to get too. Well, I didn't have time last week either but that's what the wee hours of the morning are for right? As you will see my goal of 7 hours of sleep a night was not fully accomplished.
1. C̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶J̶e̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶C̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶ Accomplished. I can't say we read it a lot, but we did squeeze in some time at the bus stop waiting for big brother and I packed it with us on our little trip so there was some travel reading.
2. Make peanut butter play-dough. The little boys are excited to try this. - Not accomplished. Just ran out of time. This is still on our to do list.
3. F̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶s̶ ̶ each day on completing their chores. I would say this was partially accomplished. Some days I was on top of it and some days I was not. We have some improving to do here over the next couple of weeks.
4. S̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶N̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶.̶ I sent an evite and made a pinterest board of some ideas and now I need to make lists and get the supplies in order.
5. Finish mailing my son's thank you notes from his birthday. - Still not done, but I have a big push now to get this done before the next birthday party.
1. P̶u̶b̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ and work on another one. Got one done, but not much accomplished on a second post.
2. F̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶.̶
3. W̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
4. P̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶y̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶3̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶.̶ Barely got this one done. In two weeks I think I did the minimum of three days.
5. Pin at least five old posts on some of my group pinterest boards. - I only pinned one old post on group Pinterest boards. Lowering my expectation on this goal because like all blogging work it takes precious time.
1. Exercise at least three times. Usually workout videos. I have a pilates video from the library I am currently using. - Not accomplished at all, unless you count lots of walking to and from a college football game and up and down the steps of the stadium. Lowering my expectation here too. No excuses I know...but it's hard when you have kids and not that much motivation.
2. Get 7 or more hours of sleep a night. - Sometimes accomplished and sometimes not. I do love sleep.
3. R̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶J̶e̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶C̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶5̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶.̶ Accomplished. I love this devotional. It also helped that I had perpetual adoration last week. Quiet time in prayer and thought is so important.
4. Read three chapters of The Power of a Praying Wife. - I couldn't find this book for a few days and did not accomplish this goal. Next week.
5. Work on getting up earlier on school mornings. I hate being rushed in the morning and I am less patient with my kids when we are rushing to get out the door. - Better, not every morning, but probably half the time. Keep working on this one.
1. Unpack suitcases again. Another weekend trip equals more suitcases and unpacking.
2. Mend at least one thing from my mending piles. Starting small because I have had mending piles forever and rarely take the time to mend anything.
3. Stay on top of normal household chores, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc. and more to get ready for birthday party.
4. Bake for the bake sale.
5. Prepare anything for the birthday party that can be made ahead of time.
1. Continue Reading Jesus Calling Children's book to the boys.
2. Make peanut butter play-dough. The little boys are excited to try this.
3. Follow through with the boys each day on completing their chores.
4. Continue planning birthday party crafts for an Art in Nature birthday party and procure supplies. Actually, host the party. It is in the next two weeks.
5. Finish mailing my son's thank you notes from his birthday. (Still haven't done this, but must get this done before the next birthday party.)
1. Publish another review post.
2. Finish one posts from my que.
3. Work on photos and photo editing.
4. Pin at least two old posts on some of my group pinterest boards.
1. Exercise at least one time. Usually workout videos. I have a pilates video from the library I like. (Really easing up on this one since I didn't do it at all over the past two weeks.)
2. Get 7 or more hours of sleep a night.
3. Read my Jesus Calling devotional at least 5 days.
4. Read two chapters of The Power of a Praying Wife.
5. Work on getting up earlier on school mornings. I hate being rushed in the morning and I am less patient with my kids when we are rushing to get out the door.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts