So obviously keeping up with weekly or even monthly goals is not going to work for me. My last goals post was at the end of September. I'll just write out my goals and whenever I get them done is good enough.
Previous goals and Results
1. U̶n̶p̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶s̶u̶i̶t̶c̶a̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶ ̶ ̶A̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶e̶q̶u̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶i̶t̶c̶a̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶n̶p̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ This was completed.
2. M̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶i̶l̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
I actually mended 3 or 4 things. Yeah!
3. S̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶r̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶d̶r̶y̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶.̶ ̶ ̶ Done.
4. B̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶l̶e̶.̶ I made cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, and bread.
5. P̶r̶e̶p̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶h̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶
Done. Birthday party was awesome. I was so busy at the party that I forgot to take pictures of the buffet.
1. C̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶J̶e̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶C̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶s̶.̶ We read this frequently and record our reading time in their WOG (Word of God) logs for Family Formation.
2. M̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶n̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶-̶d̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶ They loved it. We actually made it twice because they asked me to make it again.
3. F̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶r̶e̶s̶.̶ I can't say that we are perfect here, but when we aren't traveling, we do a pretty good job.
4. C̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶N̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶l̶i̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶A̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶.̶ Done. And we had an awesome Art in Nature birthday party. I still need to write a post about the party and will show you pictures then.
5. F̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶ ̶(̶S̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶.̶)̶ Done, but now we have to finish thank you notes from my second son's birthday party.
1. P̶u̶b̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶.̶ Done. Finished my Abe's Market post.
2. F̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶.̶ Done. Finished several posts since my last goals post including one that has been in my que for 2 1/2 years, Swiss Sauce Cauliflower.
3. W̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ Always doing this, so yes done.
4. P̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶s̶.̶ Done. I learned this tip from Money Saving Mom who is a hugely successful blogger. Pinning on group boards brings a lot of exposure to your pins and ultimately your posts.
1. E̶x̶e̶r̶c̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶U̶s̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶b̶r̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶(̶R̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶.̶)̶ Done.
2. Get 7 or more hours of sleep a night. Not done. Must make this a priority.
3. R̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶J̶e̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶C̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶5̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶.̶ Done. Perpetual adoration once a month helps me stay focused in prayer and devotion.
4. R̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶P̶r̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶W̶i̶f̶e̶.̶ Done.
5. W̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶l̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶u̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶.̶ ̶ ̶ I feel like I am doing so much better here. More peaceful and productive mornings:)
1. Unpack suitcases again. Just returned from Thanksgiving travels. Two suitcases unpacked. Three to go.
2. Decorate for Christmas and put up a Christmas tree.
3. Bake sugar cookies for the live nativity on Sunday at Holy Cross.
4. Keep up with regular cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.
5. Clear my dresser of clutter and work on keeping it clear.
6. Weed out more stuff and clutter before Christmas (and new stuff) arrives. I have been taking things we don't need anymore to our local consignment stores and Goodwill. Read my guest post at Money Saving Mom about shopping for kids clothes at Consignment and thrift stores. Also, a good way to recycle your stuff you don't need anymore into stuff you do need. Our local kids consignment store always has great books and toys too.
7. Work on Christmas lists for family who have asked.
8. Organize and start wrapping Christmas presents so I'm not feeling rushed at the last minute and can enjoy my family and celebrating Jesus's birth.
1. Sew patches on cub scout shirt.
2. Do advent lessons with boys (from Family Formation packet).
3. Continue reading Jesus Calling children's book.
4. Finish mailing thank you notes from middle son's birthday party.
5. Make homemade goop for boys. Occupational therapist uses it with one of the boys to increase hand strength and he is begging me to make some for home.
6. Continue to follow through with the boys and their chore charts.
1. Continue to work through the busy time leading up to Christmas and finish more posts from the que.
2. Complete two review posts (one with a giveaway).
3. Keep linking up posts on linkys on other sites, at least twice a week.
1. Make exercise more of a priority. Exercise 5 times before my next goals post. I actually keep a chart on my laptop so I know how much (or little) I am exercising.
2. Seriously try to get 7 hours of sleep a night.
3. Keep reading and reflecting with my Mom Essentials Bible study. I am loving this book and my amazing Mom's group friends who are doing the Bible study with me.
4. Continue reading my Jesus Calling devotional.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies