Disclosure: This post is sponsored, but all opinions are honest and are my own. #WEGGSDAY
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
I can't think of a better way to start or wind down a Wednesday than with this delicious Dutch Baby. Easy to make and perfect any time of day. How do you like your eggs on Wednesday? Celebrate #Weggsday with a yummy Dutch Baby made with simple ingredients, blended and poured into a hot iron skillet and baked to perfection.
We love a good Dutch baby and this one is extra good with the nutritional benefits of six eggs. For more inspiring #weggsday recipe ideas visit The Incredible Egg.
Did you know eggs are a nutritional powerhouse, with one egg containing 6 grams of high-quality protein and nine essential amino acids, all for 70 calories? Plus, eggs are one of the few natural food sources of Vitamin D.
A dutch baby is kind of like a cross between an omelette and a giant popover, although it is more of a pastry than an omelette. It is truly delicious and if you've never made one, you won't believe how easy they are to make. As a mom of four, I love that when a Dutch baby comes out of the oven, everyone's food is ready at the same time, unlike pancakes or waffles. And since it bakes in the oven, I have down time when I can do other things like clean up or prepare fruit for topping.
Enjoy a Dutch baby this Weggsday! It's one of our family's favorites.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
4 T. butter, separated
6 eggs at room temperature
1 C. whole milk at room temperature
1 C. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T. coconut sugar or granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large 12" iron skillet (amazon link) in center of the oven.
2. Melt 2 T. butter and combine with rest of the batter ingredients in a blender or use an emersion blender (This is the one I have and use a lot, amazon link) .
3. Add 2 T. butter to the hot skillet in the oven and using oven mitts tilt or rotate skillet to coat the pan with butter.
4. Pour the batter into the hot pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Resist the urge to open the oven until it has baked for 15-20 minutes so it doesn't fall.
5. When the dutch baby is done, let it cool slightly and settle for a couple of minutes.
6. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice and sprinkle powdered sugar on top and/or your favorite fruit. We love it with fresh berries or fried apples.
7. To easily serve, cut into slices with kitchen shears (amazon link).
Note: This is a large recipe which serves 6-8. You can cut the recipe size down and use a smaller pan if needed.
You may like to serve with these Easy Fried Apples
Pin on Pinterest
You can also make a Savory Dutch Baby.
10/1/2020 01:08:48 pm
This looks delicious!! Can't wait to try!
10/1/2020 05:30:15 pm
I love Dutch Baby! really just to use my cast iron pan! these are great recipes!
4/7/2021 09:42:22 am
Our family loves making Dutch Baby on the weekend! I use a smaller pan so each of us can have our own and put whatever we want on it. So versatile!
4/7/2021 09:43:56 am
Great recipe if you have a lot of eggs on hand! This was so amazing with supper!
4/8/2021 08:33:35 pm
So glad you liked it!
4/7/2021 10:51:11 am
I actually love dutch baby pancakes but I've never made one myself! I can't wait to try this recipe!
4/8/2021 08:34:02 pm
It's a good one!
4/8/2021 08:34:33 pm
Thank you! It's one of our favorites!
4/10/2021 11:11:14 am
It's been ages since I made a dutch baby. Glad to have your recipe to try these again.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned food blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
Quick Recipe Links
Slow Cooker Recipes
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies