You can put these cookies on an un-greased cookie sheet to bake, but I always like to use parchment paper for easy baking and cleanup.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ¼ c flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c butter (2 sticks softened)
¾ c sugar
¾ c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 -2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (use more or less depending on how much you like chocolate)
1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
2. Combine in your mixer bowl:
3. Beat at low speed until creamy.
4. Slowly add flour mixture and continue to beat until combined.
5. Hand stir in chocolate chips.
6. Refrigerate dough to bake tomorrow. You can spoon dough into large Ziploc bag or container and label with your class period and kitchen number/color.
1. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. (12 cookies per sheet)
4. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven and let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes. Then remove cookies to cooling rack.
Recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.
This recipe is adapted from the Nestle Toll House Recipe. It is divided into two days for use in a Home Economics classroom with 45 minute class periods. If you are baking in your home kitchen or teaching in a blocked classroom, you can make the recipe in one day. When using this recipe in a classroom, I give each kitchen 1 cup of chocolate chips. This saves money and stretches the budget so that there can be more cooking opportunities.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew