Chick-fil-A Leadercast is a one-day leadership event broadcast LIVE from Atlanta, GA to hundreds of locations around the world on May 10, 2013. Strengthen your leadership by simplifying your life. SIMPLY LEAD.
Our lives are full of things that we think will grow our businesses and increase our influence. We are busy - and that may, unknowingly, be holding us back. What if there was potential impact in simplifying our lives so our leadership could thrive? Leading in a complex world requires simplicity to cut through the clutter. Saying NO to what may seem good could help increase your capacity to live your life to the fullest. Join us at Chick-fil-A Leadercast as we learn to Simply Lead.
Speakers for this year's event include:
• Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO of General Electric
• Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author and communicator
• Mike Krzyzewski, Head men's basketball coach, Duke University and Team USA
• John Maxwell, Best-selling author and leadership expert
• Dr. Henry Cloud, Best-selling author and leadership consultant
• LCDR Rorke Denver, Navy SEAL and star of the 2012 movie Act of Valor
• Sanya Richards-Ross, 2012 London Olympic gold medalist, track & field
• David Allen, Best-selling author of Getting Things Done and productivity expert
• Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State (2005-2009), via exclusive Simply Lead video interview
• What’s Your Leadership Style Quiz! Everyone is born with the power to influence and although it may not always feel like it - we are ALL LEADERS in our own way! The question is... what type of leader are you?
• 7 Tips to Lead Simply! Simplicity enables leaders to cut through the clutter and make the best decisions possible. Read these 7 tips to simplify your life... and remember, it’s the decisions you make that define the leader you become!
• Find a Location! Chick-fil-A Leadercast will be broadcasted to hundreds of locations around the world! Enter your zip code to find a broadcast location near you - or join us at the LIVE site in Atlanta May 10, 2013!
One winner will win a Chick-fil-A Leadercast Prize Pack!
Enter on the rafflecopter form. Your prize will be sent via FedEx or UPS. No P.O. Boxes please.
Disclosure: I am working with Chick-fil-A to offer this giveaway. Any opinions are honest and are my own.
Congrats to the winners!
Here are my current giveaways you can still enter.
Manhattan Toy "imagine i CAN" Toy Giveaway
Sumo Sultan Bean Bag Giveaway
It has been a teary eyed morning for me as I have been doing my housework with the TV on and seeing the images from the bombing at the Boston marathon. My heart weeps for the victims and their families. I just learned that an 8 year old boy passed away who had gone to see his father run and I can't help but feel such deep sadness for his family.
I read a good post this morning and thought I would share. The thing to do now is to pray. Pray for the victims and their families. Pray for those helping them to recover. Pray for our President and leaders and those involved in the investigation.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4 (NIV)
Potato skins = Yum. These take a little work to put together, but the effort is worth the end result. Save the potato insides for a quick potato salad later in the week. The cooked potato insides will stay good in the fridge for a couple of days until you have time to throw together a potato salad. Feel free to change up the potato skin toppings to your liking. We love them with a dolop of sour cream.
9 russet potatoes
bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Wash and prick potatoes with a fork. Rub with a little olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes or more until tender.
2. Slice potatoes in half and scoop out insides leaving some potato around edges for stability. A grapefruit spoon works well for scooping. Save the potato insides to make potato salad later.
3. Brush outside of potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake about 5 minutes potato side down.
4. Flip potatoes over and place a small piece of butter in each potato skin.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt, cheese, and bacon.
6. Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream.
It's starting to feel like Spring. It's been warm and rainy here. Here are a few simple ideas to add to your menu plan for the week.
Tuesday: Macaroni and Peas
Wednesday: Honey lime shrimp, rice, steamed artichokes
Thursday: Pork au jus, leftover rice, stuffing, rolls, salad
Friday: Potato skins, corn and black bean salad, hamburgers
Saturday: Steak, asparagus, leftover corn and black bean salad, grape tomatoes
Sunday: dinner out
We love steamed artichokes for a Spring treat. If you've never tried them you should, plus you can find them on sale this time of year.
1. In a large stock pot, place a couple of lemon slices, a clove of garlic, and a bay leaf with enough water to just reach the bottom of a steamer basket. (a couple of inches of water)
2. Wash artichokes. Cut about an inch off of the stem.
3. Use kitchen shears to trim the sharp edges off the leaves.
4. Slice off about an inch off the top of the artichoke.
5. Cover the artichokes and steam them until the leaves are tender and easily peel off, about 30-45 minutes. I forgot to take a picture of the artichokes after they had cooked. They will look more tender than these.
Melt some butter and dip each petal in before eating. To eat the petal scrape the inside fleshy part against your teeth. Remove all of the petals and eat them this way. Sounds weird, but it is delicious. After removing the petals, scrape out and discard the inedible fuzzy covering over the artichoke heart. Once you get to the artichoke heart, you can cut it into smaller pieces and dip into butter and enjoy.
Sumo Sultan Bean Bag Features:
You can check out Bay Area Mommy’s review HERE! Now here’s your chance to own one for yourself! Winner will receive a Sumo Sultan bean bag in his/her choice of color and cover fabric (microsuede or corduroy)!
Giveaway ends May 1, 11:59pm EST. US only. Void where prohibited. Must be at least 18 years old to be eligible. No purchase necessary. To enter, use the GiveawayTools widget below. Good luck!
*Disclaimer: No compensation was received for this post. This blog is not responsible for prize fulfillment. For questions regarding this giveaay, please contact Bay Area Mommy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can create 10 free cards from Shutterfly! You can make 10 different cards or 10 of the same design. They do have to be the same style, either all folded or all flat cards.
This is such a great deal on personalized cards. You will have to pay shipping and any taxes, but it will still be less expensive than buying cards at the drug store and much more meaningful since you can personalize them. Great timing too with Mother's Day and Father's Day just around the corner.
We were out of town for Easter and I am still catching up so here is a really late menu plan.
Monday: Crockpot beer chicken, homemade bread, black bean and corn salad, beets
Tuesday: Homemade tortilla chips, salsa, potato salad, hot dogs, sliced tomatoes
Wednesday: Sliced tomatoes, Roasted cabbage, zucchini and onions with turkey smoked sausage
Thursday: We were traveling and made chef salads to go and PB & jelly for the kids along with fresh veggies for snacking.
Friday-Sunday: We were out of town for Easter.
Congratulations to the winners of my Dry Idea Giveaway.
You can still enter my other giveaways.
Purex with Crystals
Manhattan Toy "imagine i CAN" Toy Giveaway
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Most Popular Posts
Crispy Salt & Pepper Beef
Low Carb Slow Cooker Venison Stew