We have two little ones who are recovering from the flu and so far our oldest has remained healthy. The little ones went to the doctor and are feeling better after getting their medications, but we are still taking some preventative measures to keep the flu from spreading.
My husband looked it up and flu germs can live on hard surfaces for a few hours up to 24 hours.
1. Wash hands frequently and make sure little ones are washing their hands too.
2. Replace toothbrushes for anyone who has been sick. Wash toothbrush holders too.
3. Clean and disinfect frequently touched hard surfaces like door knobs, faucet handles and light switches. If you have stairs, don't forget to wash the stairway railing.
4. Keep up with the laundry as much as possible making sure to wash bedding, towels, and pajamas too. Wash in hot water to kill any germs.
5. Take care of yourself. If you are caring for sick loved ones, you can find yourself getting overly exhausted. To help keep your immune system in top shape, try to get some extra rest when you can. Also, drink plenty of water and make sure to get some extra vitamin C.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science teacher turned work at home Mom blogger. I love God, my family, and food. You can usually find me in the kitchen preparing family friendly, homemade recipes and taking lots of pictures.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies