It was just me and the little boys the other night so we tried something different for dinner - Pancakes. We loved every bite. I used the same recipe I have been using for years. It is from Better Homes and Gardens. I used this recipe when I taught beginning foods classes. It is simple enough to throw together on a busy weeknight (even with two munchkins helping). If you have a large family or your children are older than 3, you may need to double the recipe.
1 c flour
1 T sugar
2 t baking powder
¼ t salt
1 beaten egg
1 c milk
2 T oil
1. In a mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another mixing bowl combine egg, milk, and cooking oil.
3. Add to flour mixture all at once. Stir mixture just till blended but still slightly lumpy.
4. Pour about ¼ c batter onto a hot lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet for each pancake.
5. Cook till pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and slightly dry edges.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Garage Door Repair McKinney
Most Popular Posts