After trick or treating tonight we were cold and came in for some hot cocoa.
There is nothing like a mug of homemade hot chocolate on a cold Winter night. It is really simple to make. I always use the recipe on the Hershey's Cocoa box. Serve with whipped cream if you like.
Favorite Hot Cocoa
Top of Stove - Six Servings
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in saucepan; stir in water.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir 2 minutes.
3. Stir in milk and heat. DO NOT BOIL.
4. Remove from heat; add vanilla.
Granulated sugar or confectioners sugar
1. Using an electric mixer, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until it reaches desired consistency.
I use 1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla and 2 to 3 Tbsp. sugar for each cup of whipping cream. You can use more or less sugar and vanilla depending on your preference. Honestly, I don't usuasally measure when whipping cream.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts