Bacon wrapped asparagus...need I say more? It's hard to describe how truly delicious it is. When you take two amazingly delicious things on their own and put them together it's like a flavor explosion!
Of all the vegetables I have ever tried, asparagus has to be my favorite. And bacon, well bacon is just plain awesome! When you put the two together, the flavors compliment each other and come together to create an amazing flavor explosion.
Want to experience this little flavor explosion? It takes a little time to prep (wrap bacon around asparagus spears), but then all you do is pop it in the oven and in a little over half an hour you have your very own bacon wrapped flavor explosion good enough to share. You can prep this ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. Perfect for almost any occasion from graduation parties to anniversary dinners.
I am kind of partial to crispy bacon so I bake them on a cooling rack over a sided baking pan to get more air flow and crispier bacon. The baking pan underneath has to have sides (like a jellyroll pan) to keep the grease in the pan. I also line the pan with foil as shown to help with clean-up.
When prepping the asparagus, wash, then break each spear where it naturally breaks off at the cut end. Throw away or compost the two to three inch end pieces that break off. Then wrap the asparagus spears in bacon. I cut the bacon lengthwise with kitchen shears to make long thin strips that easily wrap around the asparagus spears.
1 bunch asparagus spears
1 package bacon (not thick cut)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Prep asparagus (above paragraph)
3. Prep pans with foil and cooling racks (you will probably need 2 pans)
4. Cut bacon slices in half lengthwise then wrap around asparagus spears.
5. Place bacon wrapped asparagus on cooling racks over pans as pictured leaving a little space between each one.
6. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bacon is getting crispy.
7. Then put under the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish crisping the bacon.
Linking up at Inspire Me Monday
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts