I wanted to try a recipe with coconut oil so I started looking online and found a great site coconutoilcooking.com. These brownies are amazing. I love the coconut flavor in them. It is subtle yet noticable. These are so easy to prepare and way better than a brownie mix. We made homemade icecream the night before so we topped our brownies for a really yummy treat.
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate or peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
3. In a medium bowl combine melted coconut oil and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved. (I melted the coconut oil in the microwave for about 25 seconds.)
4. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Add eggs and stir until well combined.
6. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
7. Fold in chips.
8. Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
9. DO NOT OVER-BAKE — You do not want your brownies to come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
10. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
This recipe is slightly adapted from coconutoilcooking.com.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts
Luvs Diapers and a $25 American Express Gift Card