I love this recipe for several reasons. It is so easy to make and can even be made ahead and chilled or frozen until ready to bake. (If frozen, give it some time to thaw in the fridge before baking.) In addition to being super easy to prepare, it's delicious. Goes well with salad and breadsticks. This is an easily portable meal for pot lucks and meal trains too.
16 oz. Penne Pasta
24 oz. container ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 & 1/2 (25-28 oz) jars meatless pasta sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
2. Combine the egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
3. Spread about 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce in a greased 9 X 13 pan. , and
4. Top with a third of the cooked pasta, half of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 T. Parmesan cheese, and 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce.
5. Repeat layers of pasta, ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese.
6. Sprinkle with 2 T. Parmesan cheese.
7. Top with remaining pasta, sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. (Serves 12)
Linked up at Create with Joy
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Most Popular Posts
National Geographic Kids Hey Baby Book