Congratulations to my recent giveaway winners.
Winner of the Pampered Chef Cookbook was Marthalynn and winner of the Purex Crystals and Jockey Sports Bra was Jamilia. Congrats again and thanks for entering.
I saw a recipe for a similar casserole at 3 Boys and a Dog. I changed some of the ingredients and preparation methods and it was delicious. There are several steps to this, but you can do some of them ahead. When we sat down to dinner my 4 year old said, "Mommy I don't think I'm going to like this." Then he said, "Yum!" I asked, "Do you like it?" and he answered, "I love it!"
Chicken, Rice and Broccoli Casserole
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins or 2 chicken breasts
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced celery
1 T. butter
2 crowns fresh broccoli
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 cups cooked rice (use broth leftover from cooking the chicken to prepare the rice)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Put chicken in a crock pot and cover with enough water that you will have a nice broth to make the rice later. Cook on low about 8 hours.
2. Saute onion and celery in butter until tender and the onion has caramelized.
3. Cut up broccoli crowns and steam until tender.
4. Shred chicken with two forks. Strain the broth and measure the amount needed to make your rice.
5. Make rice according to package directions using the leftover chicken broth in place of the water.
6. Combine chicken, onion and celery, steamed broccoli, cream of chicken soup, cooked rice and 1 cup shredded cheese. Put into a large greased casserole and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
10,000 coupons a day for 5 days. Check the calendar exact days and times for availability. They will go fast. First coupons go live Monday, January 23 3pm EST, 12pm PST.
Go to Facebook for your coupons starting on Monday.
Mamasource is offering a deal on Eating Well magazine. $6 for a subscription. I used to get this magazine and it was one of my favorites. The recipes are really good and healthy. When I quit teaching and we went to one income, I did not renew any of our subscriptions. I was so excited to see this deal and just re-subscribed.
Disclosure: The above link is my refferal link.
Jockey and Purex Crystals teamed up to offer this great giveaway. I received a Jockey Tech Terry sports bra featuring moisture wicking technology and a bottle of Purex Crystals Tropical Splash fabric softener for review. One lucky reader will also win these.
The sports bra I received is actually a little tight on me which might be due to the fact that I am currently nursing. I usually wear a S (4/6) and I received a M size sports bra. I would be more comfortable in a L so I would advise the winner and anyone interested in purchasing this bra from Jockey to order a size up. It is a well made bra and I think it is actually attractive. Mine is black, but I do not know what color the winner will receive. Jockey is offering a 20% off coupon. Below are the stats for this sports bra.
One reader will also win a bottle of Purex Crystals with which to wash her new sports bra. Most fabric softeners have oils that can prevent the wicking process of performance sportswear. Purex Crystals do not contain oil, so it can safely be used on all laundry including:
One lucky reader will win both a Jockey sports bra and a bottle of Purex Crystals.
Contest is over. Thanks for entering. There were 173 entries.
Disclosure: Jockey and Purex provided free samples of their products so I could review them. All opinions are honest and are my own.
I think you will love this fun new giveaway. I teamed up with several other bloggers to give away a Kindle Fire ($199) to one lucky reader. This WiFi enabled tablet will give you access to thousands of popular apps as well as 19 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books.
Contest is now over. There were 174, 530 entries. Thanks to all who entered.
Here is a new Pampers Gifts to Grow Code. Even if you don't have kids, you can bank promotional codes. They add up and you can get free stuff. This one is worth 10 pts.
Thanks Freebies 4 Mom.
You can sign-up for free samples and coupons from P&G.
Click on “Samples & Coupons” in the header.
There are several great coupons and samples available now including Crest, Gilette, Downy, Dawn, Prilosec, and my favorite Pampers.
Thanks Coupon Geek.
It is 9 degrees here tonight so I made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. My Mom makes the best chicken noodle soup - the old fashioned way with a whole chicken. I prefer this simpler recipe that I have been perfecting for some time. I use the chicken base to help give it the flavor that it would otherwise be lacking since I am not making a true homemade broth from a whole chicken. The cajun seasoning is not overly spicy and adds another depth to the flavor that is just plain good.
Chicken Noodle Soup
1 onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 stalk celery diced
2 T. butter
14 C. water
10 t. chicken base or bouillon
1 lb. boneless chicken
1 t. salt
1 t. Cajun seasoning
1 C. sliced carrots
1 C. frozen peas
12 oz. Amish home-style egg noodles
1. In a large pot, sauté onion, garlic and celery in butter until tender and caramelized.
2. Add water, chicken base, chicken, salt and Cajun seasoning. Cook on low for about an hour or until chicken is cooked.
3. Remove chicken from the pot and shred/chop it with a knife and a fork. Return the chicken to the pot. Add sliced carrots and peas and bring pot to a boil.
4. Add noodles and continue to boil uncovered 20-28 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
Welcome to Home Ec @ Home
Hi, I'm Faith, a former Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) Teacher turned work at home Mom, bringing you family friendly, homemade recipes and homemaking tips to simplify your life. Join me on my homemaking and mothering journey.
Click to set custom HTML
Most Popular Posts